$9.95 at Lush
I’m a fan of the old versions of Lush Solid Perfume and was pretty excited to hear that they were revamping them and changing the packaging, as well as introducing a few new scents. Of course I had to grab one while I was at Lush on Bay Street this weekend. I really like the new packaging design. The twist top and push-up bottom are great. I also love the sleek black sophisticated tube. Sadly, out of the 7 fragrances I tested in the store I only really liked one. Lust particularly stood out because it’s strong presence of jasmine. You jasmine lovers will love it. I’m not a fan of jasmine. Karma is similar to Lush's Olive Branch fragrance, but still very unique. It’s light, unisex, earthy, somewhat floral, and has a nice blend of patchouli. It seem as though they may have changed the formula (for the better) as well. These solid perfumes have great staying power (not as long and strong as the previsous versions) but I found them to be very moisturizing because of the castor oil. The original solid perfumes weren’t drying to the skin, but they weren’t moisturizing either. The new ones glide nicely on the skin. Too bad summer is over. I would love to see if these melt when you’re spending the day in the sun. None the less, they’re great for colder seasons.
UPDATE: This item may melt, per Lush.com
- Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis),
- Castor Oil (Ricinus communis),
- Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera),
- Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin),
- Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis),
- Lavendin Oil (Lavendula hybrida),
- Pine Oil (Pinus sylvestris),
- Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogon citratus),
- Elemi Oil (Canarium commune),
- Cassie Absolute (Acacia farnesiana),
- *Benzyl Benzoate,
- *Benzyl Salicylate,
- D&C Orange No. 4.